Board and chalk were the tools to teach.
As teachers of 21st century, we need to face the new shifts in education and the challenges of using new tools and resources.

martes, 29 de diciembre de 2009

New language

Surfing the net?, I don´t even know how to swim!!
but that is what makes languages fantastic. Language shows the creativity we have to put together words and make sense of a new reality: cyber space.
I am surfing the net, and I love it.
It demands to remind ourselves our task because we can get lost in the wide variety of information.
I am sure how digital natives handle this fact, or how they digest all the pieces of the puzzle.
I just hope they have time to reflect on what they are finding, reading, learning and studying.

4 comentarios:

  1. Of course, now Cyber space is our final frontier....
    I put myself in your shoes and hope for the same as puzzles could be difficult to handle, then again, time to surf the net and handle the information is our new challenge

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also wonder about this, and think that we as teachers have to take a leadership role with the technology, with the new vocabulary and with our attitude towards technology and its place in our lives. It is amazing when you think about how much we teach! The content becomes just a small part of our courses.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Keeping focus! I think that will help us and our students to avoid getting lost in tech.
    Leadership?, I think that by guiding the research our students make we can show that leadership and also helpint our students develope that habit: following instructions.

    I wonder how many words I have learned since I got "hands on" the tech

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree with you. I feel really overwhelmed by the things we learn and how we can put them into practice for our courses.

    ResponderEliminar