Board and chalk were the tools to teach.
As teachers of 21st century, we need to face the new shifts in education and the challenges of using new tools and resources.

martes, 29 de diciembre de 2009

more spinning wheels

Wall-e has provided another component to reflect on: human contact. I laughed at first when those people in read started falling out of their chairs. I didn´t laught a couple of days ago when I watched again at home.
All of them were using tech, and they were even living on it, and by it.
I know it is a movie but it made me wonder, ´cuz I also watched an episode in "two and a half men" in which a girl is chating to a buy using computers of course but sitting in the SAME couch at the same time!!
Would we be computer´s adicts?, in a way that computers will read the world surrounding us?
those people did not notice daylight until the computer told to change the color!
and those 2 kids were laughing at a computer, instead of seeing each other and laughing with each other.
Is that what is waiting for us in the future?
don´t know ... I better concentrate in my hwks and not notice the spinning wheels now.

1 comentario:

  1. You know Miss, I believe that all of us are focusing so much about technology that we forget this aspect that you have brought out!. I think teaching using technology or even technology is important but we need to use it when necessary. for example, y to avoid the case of having a bunch of students from the same class using a chat when they see one another in the same classroom, the activity can either be done for homework or maybe the chatting part can happen with students from other countries in order to make it more realistic. Nice reflection miss :)

    ResponderEliminar